Reflection
It has been over a year since Emma was discharged from the hospital (2/27/06). My posts may have been a little slimmer since then but our memories are full. Since we became an Ambassador Family for the March of Dimes we have been sharing Emma's story with many many people. It's easy to talk about Emma. We have so many positive and hopeful things to share with so many families who may be going through something similar to our situation. I recently put together a slideshow of pictures of Emma from birth until now. It was a very emotional experience to do this. I found that facing the everyday struggles we went through with Emma we had to always stay strong. Sometimes that meant stoicly keeping it together when all you really wanted to do was cry for days straight. Well, the flood gates opened while sifting through a year's worth of pictures. There is an element of post traumatic stress that rears it's little head upon occasion. I am not sure if I will ever be able to fully explain to people the whole Emma experience and maybe all of those details aren't necessary since the outcome has been so phenomenal. I will always look at Emma and her big brother, Lucas, with complete joy and awe and take pleasure in knowing that John and I have created the most wonderful and special children together.

<< Home