Emma Merchant

Emma Merchant let us know she's a strong little girl when she came into the world on September 14, 2005. Emma's friends and family can use this blog to share news about her, and to share their support for mom and dad and big brother Lucas.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Nice and Cozy

What a joy it is to have our baby home with us! Emma has been doing very well since we brought her home a week ago. We had a few bumps to get over in the first 48 hours but I think we have a rhythm down with her now. I think her appetite is getting better too. She seems to be wanting to eat more frequently now. I see this as a very good sign. She is a good sleeper and she lets us know when she has a dirty diaper and is hungry with her little soft kitten cry. She makes this cute little sad pouty face when she wants something. I will make sure to take a picture of that for posterity. She will probably use this face all her life. Our biggest challenge is entertaining Lucas while tending to her. There will be a few growing pains in that department but nothing we can't handle that's for sure. Our pets also had to adjust to Emma's arrival as we have kicked them out of our bedroom to keep at least one room hair free. We sure aren't the fabulous NICU nurses Emma is used to but we are getting better and better at caring for her.