The Waiting Game
Emma has been just hanging out these days in bay 2. We basically are waiting to see how well she takes all of her oral feeds now. She has been handling the bottle pretty well and what she doesn't finish is given through her feeding tube. She is monitored by how much effort it takes her to do these feeds. It's possible she could still go home with a feeding tube as sort of a back up. I am not crazy about that but we do what we do. She is still allowed to nurse from me once a day. I wish I could nurse her all the time. She is progressing well and I even heard that if all goes well she could be home in a couple of weeks. I try not to get to excited as we know how things can go in the NICU. She looks great. Her smile will bring tears to your eyes.

<< Home